Do You Want To Learn an Effective Martial Art?
The biggest problem you will face learning Martial Arts, is never knowing if what you learn is effective or if it is ever going to work when you actually need it.
At GSW you will learn skills that are instantly effective!
I've eliminated almost all the usual rubbish that is associated with Martial Arts Training! You won't learn pointless Katas or ritualised dances, you won't have to spend hours doing push-ups or sit-ups, you won't spend half the class doing warm-ups and you definitely won't have to learn a foreign language!
What you will do is learn skills that will help you feel more confident and in control of your situation!!
Welcome to one of New Zealand's Biggest Brazilian Jiu Jitsu schools. GSW is run by me, Geoff Grant. I've been helping people, like you, improve their lives through Martial Arts for over 25 years.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a Martial Art that emphasis's practical use of skills in every session.
What does that mean for you?It means that in every BJJ session you attend you will test what you learn and put what you learn into practice straight away. That way you can instantly see how effective BJJ can be and you can hone your skills every single session.
What does GSW offer you?GSW offers you the biggest group of training partners in New Zealand. GSW offers you the biggest purpose built space for training BJJ in Wellington. GSW offers you access to some of the worlds best BJJ instructors and competitors.
Recently G.S.W. hosted seminars by
- John Will, one of the worlds best Martial Arts instructors, John travels the world teaching Martial Arts to 100s of Martial Arts and BJJ clubs, police and military personnel and he is our head coach. John visited GSW 3 times in 2014
- Rigan Machado, one of the worlds most recognised BJJ instructors and pioneers, acknowledged as one of the first people to bring BJJ to America
- Carlos Machado, the eldest and #1 Machado Brother. Super nice guy and super technical. Visited NZ for the first time in May 2015 and delivered a game changing seminar at GSW
- Rafa Mendes, 5 time Black Belt World champion and one half of the world famous Medes Brothers of Art Of Jiu Jitsu. One of the most prolific competitors GSW has ever hosted for a seminar.
- Robert Drysdale, 6 time World BJJ Champion, one of the current top BJJ Competitors in the World, The Ultimate Fighter assistant coach and ADCC Super Fight Winner 2007
- Sophia McDermott-Drysdale, Sophia is an incredible athlete and has won multiple competition titles, most recently the Pan American BJJ Champion in 2014
- Clarke Gracie, Clark is the grandson of Carlos Gracie, the creator of Brazilian (Gracie) Jiu Jitsu. Clark is also the Ridiculously Photogenic Jiu-Jitsu Guy
- Steve Da Silva, coach to some on the big names in BJJ including BJ Penn and Robert Drysdale. Multiple medal winner and incredible Popping and Locking dancer. Danced with MJ in the video to thriller
- Richard Norton, Action Movie star and Multiple Black Belt holder. Richard is a BJJ 4th Dan with over 40 years in the Martial Arts and Action Movie business.
- Michelle Nicolini, 10 times World Champion. One of the worlds most prolific and successful BJJ competitors. Michelle fights well above her weight and is acknowledged as one of the best pound for pound grapplers in the World.
Below is a video done by one of my long time students, this is what GSW means to him and hes a senior Police officer!
GSW also offers you a fun, friendly, safe training environment. (You will not have to deal with Fathead's, Meat-axes, Munters, Assholes, Dickheads or Fuckwits.. We don't tolerate them in our school)
GSW is made up of everyday normal people, Students, Businessmen, Entrepreneurs, Musicians, Actors, Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Police, Self Employed people, just everyday normal people like you, but with a passion for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!
What is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!?
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a Grappling Art. First and foremost It teaches control. What you do with that control is up to you. By training at GSW you learn to use that control to subdue or incapacitate your opponent using BJJ techniques like, Control positions, Arm Locks and Chokes.
But the control can be used for many things, control over the opponent and situation gives you control over the outcome. It could be to just subdue them until help arrives or to subdue them to cuff them or extract them from a venue or area. Or to completely incapacitate them so they are no longer a threat!
To allow you to see BJJ for yourself I'm offering a couple of classes for free, so you can find out about one
of the best Martial Art self defence systems in the world.
GSW is a fantastic club, the emphasis is on having fun while learning effective skills. Don't take my word for it, read the testimonials to the right and see what others have to say about our school.
At GSW we run Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Beginners classes each week:
GSW Martial Arts Wellington
Monday and Wednesday 6.30 pm
L1 4 College St, Te Aro
Above Milne Print
Fill out our online form and we will arrange 2 classes for you, at no cost or obligation.. There is no catch! come and try a class, if you don't like it then don't join. It's that simple!
Now don't get me wrong, GSW is not for everyone. We're a specialist school, which is why I make the free classes offer. If you don't like what we teach then you're under no obligation to join.
Our introductory program is a place where you can try our classes in a safe friendly and fun environment. These are our "Fundamental Skills" classes. They're only 1 hour long. Not a lot of time really, is it??
Filling out the form will also allow you access to our main website, with Pictures and Videos of what we get up to at class, information about training times and fees and all that sort of stuff.
What could be easier?
"So don't hesitate!! fill out the form and take the first step.
"I look forward to meeting you soon."
G.S.W Martial Arts,